Friday, January 26, 2007

Beware the Aussie Credit Card Thieves

OK, I am going to try to post some pics on the blog today but before I attempt that I wanted to express how annoyed I am by credit card thieves! Kevin and my cards (different numbers, same account) were somehow cloned and over 1500GBP charged on those cards. So annoying...and though we are disputing the charges and they're being investigated the time wasted and the hassle it has produced has encouraged the growth of white hairs on my head recently. We still have our cards so we think they must have just been cloned at some restaurants or hotels we've been using them. To think, we got by China, India, Thailand and Philippines without falling prey to these thieves...and the least expected place (at least by me, Kevin isn't surprised because he thinks Aussies have more money to buy hi-tech replication technology) we get hit twice! I guess this is just one of the things that happens during travel but my word of advice is to be careful about who sees your card in any public place... they may even be looking over my shoulder now at the internet cafe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home