Saturday, August 18, 2007

Colorado Dreaming

This isn't in order (Kevin just wrote a post about Memphis but we went to Colorado much earlier than that) but I haven't posted in awhile so here I am. Plus, I've just bought a fast new computer and we couldn't skip writing about gorgeous Colorado on our blog. We spent almost a week in Boulder and Vail and loved the healthy atmosphere and gracious hospitality we experience. Colorado is a mecca for Suburus (as is Maine where we went today), hikers, skiiers, and crunchy granola types. It is also on the cutting edge of eco-friendliness. I never saw so many Prius per capita and the lovely people we stayed with, the Wonsiewiczs, had a cute blue one. Here they are with me on the top of one of the ski trails at Vail.



They also survive on solar panel energy so we pretty impressed. And when we bumped into 2 other cute blue Priuses on one street and we all started caravanning together, I thought I had died and woken up in some eco-friendliness gone mad advert. Bud Wonsiewicz is a frat buddy of my dad's from MIT. He and his wife Marie are really into their skiing and hiking, so we were happy to have them bring us to a particularly beautiful spot in Vail, the Missouri Lakes walk.



These photos show what a beautiful day we had and come close to capturing the amazing alpine scenery we saw. I can't wait to come back in the Winter!








On our way to visit our friend Vicky in her slightly remote mountain home outside of Boulder, we bumped into this little guy (see the deer in the background?)



We hadn't seen Vicky since she attended our wedding in 2004, so it was good to see her so happy (she had just done a triathalon the day before). She's doing her PhD at University of Colorado and graduated from Yale a year ahead of us.



Finally, just because I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to fit this photo in, I just had to post a photo of Kevin cleaning our car window on a particularly windy day during our road trip. Luckily, Kevin didn't blow away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home