Sunday, December 03, 2006

Images of India

We found a fast-ish computer in Mumbai so we're posting some of our pix. The three weeks we spent in India have really flown by, and we're so exhausted but also exhilirated by the experience. So here are some images of India which capture some of our most memorable moments here...

Sun setting on the Taj Mahal



We went to a small town in Rajasthan called Chandelao. The local village welcomed us in full force and we spent quite a bit of time hanging out with the children there. Kevin ran several races against the boys and I hung around with the gals.





The camel safari was awesome, though, as I mentioned earlier, Kevin's camel was rather surly.



As for me, I had a lovely, tame camel who was rather friendly.



Here we are in a tuktuk (we mostly travelled around the various towns in auto or bicycle rickshaws) -- masked bandit and Kevin.



Despite it's name, Pushkar was the least pushy place we went to! Pushkar had this really laid-back hippie vibe to it. Even the salesmen were ultra-chilled out (no pushy sales). The shopping was also excellent! On Thanksgiving morning at sunrise we were blessed by a Brahmin priest (hence the marks on our foreheads) who told us that should our wishes come true we must bring our families back to Pushkar. I hope we will come back to this magical and serene place.



We travelled around Rajasthan on this very comfortable bus. The bus driver and his assistant were lovely and really made us feel safe (considering that driving in India can be death-defying). But at one point, we had to pass by about 20 of these bad boys (the Indian army trains in and around Rajasthan as it shares its border with Pakistan).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, nice beard. If only you could get that much hair on the top of your head :-)

I definitely enjoy reading the blog and seeing the pix...definitely.

-bpi

Tue Dec 05, 01:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, Kevin! Looking very rugged. I like the beard. And I love the pic of you two in front of the Taj. Thanks a lot for the very thorough India report and for the pix. I feel as though I'm traveling along with you. I'm glad you two liked India. You got to do and see a lot. And yes, Delhi, what can I say? Of course that is where I spent the bulk of my time and had the clostest ties, so I have a soft spot for it. But it is not without its problems, and it is indeed very different from other parts of the country...

Wed Dec 06, 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home