Thursday, December 21, 2006

More El Nido

I named my last post Happy Holidays but I forgot to actually wish you all a Happy Holiday! So here it is. I hope wherever you are in the great big world that you have a wonderful time. I also forgot to mention that I had laser eye on my right eye surgery the DAY BEFORE we went to El Nido. Talk about bad timing (with the holidays coming up this was the only window of opportunity! This meant that I had to wear gigantic goggles to protect my eye from water (in fact they advise you not to swim for a month). Not very cute but it did the trick. My eye is fine and I now have 20/20 vision with both! Yippee!

Here I am pre-op with what looks like a shower cap on. My mom went into the surgery room with me and held my hand. It was over in a few seconds!


And after! I know it all looks a bit grim and I was woozy the first day but by the next day at the beach I was feeling a lot better and didn't have to wear the patch(as the El Nido pix show)! I think Kevin liked me as a pirate though.


I just had to post this cute picture of Kevin being welcomed to the beach. He tried to look inconspicuous but it's difficult when he was over a foot taller than these ladies!


I think that Kevin had a pretty good run-up to his birthday. He looks happy as a clam here and he even got a touch of sun.


The last 2 days in El Nido we had some crazy weather which lead to some crazy waves like this one. We also took a speed boat and had the ride of our life but I couldn't take any pictures as we were grabbing on to each other for dear life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I like the pirate look too. Very chic. Glad to hear that the surgery was successful!

Thu Dec 21, 08:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen-

So you are now one of those medico-tourists who travels halfway around the world for surgery (like the crazy Americans travelling to India for joint replacement and Colombia for bariatrics).... Let me find out.

Fri Dec 29, 09:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home