Thursday, July 05, 2007

Errata

I have recently been informed by our in-house team of American historians that I inadvertently posted some erroneous information on my previous post. I would like to clear up any confusion.

- Apparently it was George Washington and not Abraham Lincoln who helped secure our nation's independence. Unfortunately this also means that I've been confusing the one and five dollar bills at the stores for the last week. ;)

- The United States won its independence from Britain, not Germany. Who would have guessed that a mere 231 years we were fighting those peace-loving Brits? If I knew that we were old enemies, I might never have moved there.

- And the war is known as either the Revolutionary War or the War of Independence. Both names make infinitely more sense than the Spanish-American War, considering we weren't even fighting the Spanish at the time.

The editorial board of Continental Drifters sincerely regrets these errors and will endeavor in the future to carry out more thorough fact checking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home