Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sky Appreciation

Until we went on this trip around the world, I never really appreciated the sky, clouds, rainbows or even stars. Kevin has always loved stars, but only when I saw all those southern hemisphere stars lit up in the Bolivian night sky did I really start to appreciate them. And you've seen all Kevin's photos of pretty amazing rainbows. Well, this entry is just to show you that I've really come around. We observed the full moon in Nazca through a great telescope and these are the cool photos we took of that night. I could swear I saw Nazca lines on the moon!





In Arequipa, I wasn't convinced about the majestic qualities of the condor. I thought...well, this is just a bird. Well, I am a total condor convert having seen several of them in Colca Canyon. How does that huge bird fly for so long with hardly a flap of its wings? Amazing...



1 Comments:

Blogger eileen said...

Love the moon shots!

Fri Jun 08, 12:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home