Monday, February 19, 2007

Country Mouse, City Mouse

Overall I think Karen´s eye surgery in the Philippines went well. However, there were a couple times in New Zealand when I started to doubt the results. Granted, there are tons and tons of sheep in NZ, but I think sometimes Karen got a bit carried away. For example, the following true dialogues.

Conversation #1:

Karen - Wow, look at how big those sheep are!
Kevin - Those are light skinned cows.
Karen - Oh.

Conversation #2:

Karen - Wow, look how tall those sheep are!
Kevin - That´s an alpaca farm.
Karen - Oh.

These conversations were quite reminiscent of our first trip to Scotland, where Karen was convinced they had purple and green horses ... until I explained to her that they were cloth coverings to keep the horses warm in the Scottish cold.

I guess we can conclude that Karen is more of a ¨city mouse¨ type rather than a ¨country mouse¨.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home