Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stuffed backpack = broken back?

Houston...we have a baggage situation. My clothes are about a third of the size of Kevin's so I'd say having a third of the size of his luggage would make sense. But it doesn't. I don't really consider myself high maintenance when it comes to cosmetics and creams but these items seem to constitute half of my bag's weight! So, for about the fifth time today I've tried to cram everything in, strained the zipper to its limits and then taken out another "essential" item or two. Backpack is now closed but there remains this nagging fear in me that somewhere in the middle of Tibet I'll suddenly long for that moisturiser I left behind. More likely, I'll think how cuckoo I was to worry about that item when you can get most anything everywhere nowadays. Part of the point of this trip is to feel unecumbered by material things so my current panic is completely silly!

I haven't slept well the past couple of nights. It's the anticipation and I suppose the slight nervousness, excitement and worries that seem to plague me at the moment. Everything is "what if" and I've decided that for someone who thinks she sees the "glass half full", when it comes to travel panics I see it half empty! For the first time, I'm looking forward to a 10 hr flight because it means I've left our flat and done everything I can to leave it spic and span (we're renting it out) and that we are well and truly on our way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an amazing trip. I am truly jealous of the adventure upon which you're about to embark. I can't believe you're going to be on the road until next summer. Wow!!

I look forward to reading intersting posts.

-bpi

Fri Oct 20, 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home